[cvsnt] Wiki replacement (was RE: Securing pserver on CVSNT: tunneling with ssh)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Aug 11 16:51:09 BST 2006

Peter Crowther wrote:
>>From: Tony Hoyle
>>Yeah.. that's the problem.  There's nothing that really does exactly
>>what we need.  For example phpnuke has a nice news system on
>>the front
>>page, but its download system sucks IMO.. so I end up linking back to
>>the wiki download page.. and end up with an inconsistency.
>

> TWiki?  I was moderately impressed when I worked with it, although I
> found it a beggar to skin.

Twiki wouldn't give us any more than we have with the current wiki...

Ideally I want:

1. a frontpage that has the latest news on it (a bit like the history
page blog is now).
2. downloads page nicely laid out and able to be programmed remotely by
the release scripts.
3. users able to submit articles for inclusion, but no direct editing
(due to the spam issue) unless the user is trusted.  Similarly for
downloads.

phpnuke has 1 and most of 3, but not 2.  The wiki has 2 and part of 3.
Nothing I've seen has all of them.