[cvsnt] newbie branch/merge question

Nick Duane nickdu at msn.com
Sun Aug 13 19:45:08 BST 2006

Thank you.  I'll look this over and see how well this will work for us.  The
one thing that comes to mind at this point (assuming I understand what
you're saying below) is that the releases are simply tags in the trunk as
opposed to branches.  Now maybe a symbolic tag and a branch are pretty
similar, as I said I'm new to CVS so I'm not sure about that.  I'm thinking
that I would like a branch for each release we intend to make so that we can
have a well defined place to pull releases from as opposed to just taging
the trunk at a release.  Plus we often have times when developers are
working on more than one release at a time and thus we'll need separate
locations for those.

Nick

news:fajud2pfnigicu2jaribgp1m9k2kea6c1s at 4ax.com...