[cvsnt] Usage of links in CVSNT UNIX repositories alllowed?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Aug 13 23:07:04 BST 2006

Jan Giesen wrote:
> Definitions in the "modules" are use often on our side; also to do some
> complex changes in the directory structure. It works and caused no
> problems when we switch our repository from CVS to CVSNT.´Nevertheless you
> need always some iterations, until the definitions in the modules file
> leads to the expected results.
>
> When I look to the bug reports w.r.t "modules2" in this list, I conclude
> that the usage of modules2 with CVSNT 2.5.x should be deprecated.

Depreciated... or, shock horror, how about being fixed?

> I do not fully understand why "modules2" is not working but "modules"
> does, since already with "modules" you can do a total remapping of the
> physical repository directory structurs to an arbitrary logical directory
> structure in your sandbox.

I think the idea was that modules2 would be a lot easier to use than the
equivalent mucking around in modules.

FWIW, I've used modules2 in a test repository and it works for me (but then
again I'm doing very very simple stuff with it - just shadowing some
modules within other modules - no filtering). YMMV.

David