[cvsnt] Recursive add (as opposed to import)

Nick Duane nickdu at msn.com
Mon Aug 14 17:34:00 BST 2006

Now that you mention it I was surprised when working on a previous project
that some of my commits failed only on the comments.  I guess doing an
update first and then a commit might reduce the potential to conflict on the
$Log$ comments (though I can see that won't work between a branch and the
trunk since when you update you will be updating against the branch).

So if I use the $Log$ comments I will end up with a merge conflict for every
file that has changed both in the branch and the trunk?  Sounds like I won't
be using $Log$.  Too bad because I did find it useful to see the comments in
the file itself.

Nick

news:rojg0l35d3ed$.dlg at connectionbrazil.com...