[cvsnt] newbie branch/merge question

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Aug 15 14:47:19 BST 2006

Nick Duane wrote:
[snip]
> By the way, my changes consists of several renamed directories and files
> (copy and delete) as well as other changes.  Not sure how well
> directory/file renames merge.

It doesn't cope too well (but this is general problem with cvs).
With cvsnt however you can rename files using the cvs rename command (so
that the log information is carried over).
It doesn't support renaming of directories or moving of files; effectively
you end up deleting the old and creating the new, so any log of its
contents is not moved over.

--
David Somers