[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Aug 15 21:05:29 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Thanks,
> I removed the oracle db from the solution and now it built right down
> to the last line:
> cvsnt error result returned from
> 'f:\engineering\projects\cvsnt\winrel\tmp\bat000144.bat'.

> What in the world is this bat file there for?

No idea.. looks like a temp file.

cvsnt runs a batch file to do the final deployment into the cvsbin
directory but it's not called anything like that.

> How to install the new build?
> ------------------------------
> Now that I got the new binaries and I have used the MSI installer to
> get 2403 on, how do I proceed to switch to the newly built binaries?
> Can I just copy the files on top of the existing ones (after stopping
> the services) or is there some other way (like registering some
> files)?

If you've installed 2403 then you could just copy but you might need to
play around with the paths since you haven't bound the libraries to the
smart loader (so it won't be able to find anything in common files for
example).  That's one of the things that the deployment script does..
but that needs all the directories to be in the right places to work
reliably.