[cvsnt] CVSNT seems to rely on deprected "case" requests

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberthNOSP at Mgmail.com
Thu Aug 17 23:17:12 BST 2006

> cvsnt servers all accept the case request, they just don't do anything
> with it (in fact I really should remove it now.. it's been a while since
> it got taken out.. I only kept it around for ancient cvshome clients).

I noticed this bug got fixed in the most recent version 1.12.13 of the
GNU/FSF CVS server:

"* Server no longer claims to support the "Case" request."

(See http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/source/feature/1.12.13/NEWS)

Are you planning to also take out "Case" requests on the CVSNT client
side? That would fix this problem for people who are not able to update
the GNU/FSF CVS server they're working with.

Thanks for your help.

--
Sebastian Schuberth
(Remove "NOSP" and "M" from my e-mail address)