[cvsnt] CVSNT and meta-data

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Aug 18 19:53:13 BST 2006

Torsten Martinsen wrote:
> On the page http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/svn.htm, it is claimed that
> CVSNT supports meta-data in a manner anologous to Subversion (at least
> that's how I interpret it). Where is this capability documented?

Depends what you mean by meta-data (that page is purely a marketing
comparison and I haven't read it since it was first made a couple of
years back).

It could be referring to the properties (admin -p) which can be global
or per-revision embedded in user defined keywords.

Having to use admin to set them is rather clunky IMO but 2.5 is nearing
the end of its development cycle so there's no point in adding it on the
client side now (currently talking about finalising the 2.5 codebase and
bringing the 2.6 into main development in 5-6 weeks, after which all the
new features will start to mature a bit and won't be 'future' any more).