[cvsnt] Spaces in File and Folder names.

Andy Southby asouthby at removethis.drumgrange.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 11:25:27 BST 2006

Thanks Bo,

I have a test server so will experiment.

I will post my findings for all to see, though don't hold your breath as I
am snowed under with work at the moment.

Andy.

"Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote in message
news:mailman.93.1156495799.3158.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
If you use the precommand or the commitinfo script then you
should be able to fail the commit and print a message to the user
telling him that he must not use spaces in filenames.

For directories it is a different story, because those are really
created immediately when you send the cvs add command on a directory.
It is a bit strange though because the loginfo script gets called on
a dir add so I have had to handle this case in my CVSMailer program
in order not to send any emails for directory adds (there is no message
associated for example).

What happens when someone does a cvs import and there are dirs and/or
files with spaces embedded I really don't know. Maybe the precommand
script is the proper one for this or maybe commitinfo is also called
in which case you can handle everything there. You should install a
test server and experiment...

Best regards,

Bo Berglund