[cvsnt] Repository corruption

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Aug 28 18:44:17 BST 2006

At Monday 28/8/2006 13:44, Sebastian Wangnick wrote:

>for some small-scale Python and Webpage development environment for
>the company of my wife I'm using TortoiseCVS (1.8.11, CVSNT 2.0.58d)
>on a Windows XP system with a local CVSROOT.
>
>Just now I recognised that for quite a number of files (10 out of
>500) the repository seems to be corrupted. When comparing the files
>against their initial version I'm getting:
>         In C:\Temp\TCVca23.tmp: "C:\Programme\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe"
> "-q" "checkout" "-r" "1.1" "-d" "temp" "Foo/word.py"
>         CVSROOT=:local:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All
> Users\Dokumente\Cvsroot
>         cvs checkout: Dropping data: pos>vec->text.nlines
>         cvs [checkout aborted]: invalid change text in C:\Dokumente
> und Einstellungen\All Users\Dokumente\Cvsroot/Foo/word.py,v
>         Fehler, CVS-Vorgang fehlgeschlagen

I've never seen this specific error message; but you are using a
really ancient server. Try updating TortoiseCVS to the latest stable
version which comes with a recent CVSNT setup.

>Obviously this issue puts into question the reliability of CVSNT on Windows.

You can't assert such a thing using a two years old version - two
years in the life of a dynamic product like CVSNT is a lot of time...

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).