[cvsnt] Import binary files and wrappers

Paul Balmforth pab_online at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 12:48:41 GMT 2006

> WinCVS uses the CVSNT client behind the scenes.  It sounds like the problem
> you're having is with the jCVS client, so you should talk to whoever maintains
> that about this problem.

Please refer to the post of Thu Aug 17 entitled 'file corruption using CVSNT against non-CVSNT client' (google it).

The problem is not so much with jCVS, as with the incompatibility of the CVSNT 2.5.02+ server against a client which is not CVSNT (including Cyclic). I would urge the CVSNT team to take this matter more seriously.

I'm authoring a CVS client which is extensively tested, as part of a product with perhaps a hundred thousand users. I can confirm that we've had occasional problems to follow up (the 'brittleness' mentioned before). However, there has been nothing quite as severe as binary file corruption, and there is apparently no workaround or contingency on this occasion.

Until the problem is fixed in CVSNT, this remains a showstopper for us.