[cvsnt] HEAD revision tag unsupported for cvs log command?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat Dec 2 19:28:42 GMT 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> Tony Cleveland wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the help and confirmation, What's the best way to bring this
>> to the attention of the maintainers to be resolved?
>
> They generally say they are listening here. So maybe they are, or maybe
> they aren't. Other then posting a message here (like you did), I don't
> think there's much you can do.

I don't always reply, because I don't always have anything to add to the
conversation.  I do read nearly all the messages through the list.
Important items are forwarded internally, but they are subject to
different filters -- not every issue is equally important to each of us.
  I know Tony and Arthur monitor the list as well, but Tony is busy on
evs and Arthur is often traveling.

>> Or am I pulling the CVS source and submitting a patch :-)
>
> Besides submitting a patch, of course :)

That is an excellent way to get a bug fixed.  Submitted patches all get
reviewed and, unless they break something else, will typically be
included in the next release.

Another way is to purchase support.  Not all issues on the OSS list meet
the urgency threshold to pull our attention from the customers who pay
for support.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett