[cvsnt] Setting ACL: users aren't inheriting groups permissions

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Dec 6 22:41:34 GMT 2006

Glen Starrett wrote:

> I'm not sure if you've done this yet or not, but you probably want to
> set the config file in your CVSROOT directory's ACLMODE to "Normal".
> This will default deny all users.  The default "Compatible" mode is
> default allow everything.

I think it would probably save some headaches (and support work) if that
were visible in the lsacl output.

In the same vein, it probably would be quite helpful if the actually used
permissions were visible with some command, possibly an option to lsacl.
(These include this config setting and any relevant ACLs in the path
leading to the target.)

Gerhard