[cvsnt] WinCVS toCVSNT - help please

David Pfeiffer davidmp at dpasoftware.com
Fri Dec 8 01:44:27 GMT 2006

I'm stuck,

I'm trying to get WinCVS to access a remote server running CVSNT

The CVSNT is running on a Windows Server 2003. I have opened Port 2401/TCP
on the server.

Here is the connection string from WinCVS to connect to the server.

cvs -d
:sspi;username=cvsuser;password=<notshownhere>;hostname=<IPAddressHere>;port
=2401:/Test

Here is the error I'm getting when trying to connect to the server:

cvs [server aborted]: Protocol error: Root request missing

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Any Help would be very much appreciate, I've been banging on this for about
6 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Dave