[cvsnt] Problem to migrate from CVSNT 2.0.41a to CVSNT 2.5.03 (build 2382)

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Mon Dec 11 15:40:31 GMT 2006

Bruno GAUTIER wrote:

> As I wrote in the first post, the only probleme we had after the
> migration concerns only the linux client. They couldn't log on the
> repository. Everything was OK for windows without changing anything (on
> the server or on the client).
>
> CVSROOTs are roughly the same :
> Windows : ":pserver;username=MyName;hostname=srvwin:d:\cvs\systemmgr"
> Linux : ":pserver:Myname at srvwin:/d//cvs/systemmgr"

d:\cvs\systemmgr is not an ideal cvsroot... as Glen said earlier, set up an
alias using the cvsnt control panel applet (e.g. \systemmgr) that maps to
your physical root (i.e. d:\cvs\systemmgr) then get your clients to refer
to the respository via the alias.

FWIW, /d//cvs/systemmgr is not the same as d:\cvs\systemmgr (but it was
under earlier versions of cvsnt).

--
David Somers - typographer/programmer/whatever