[cvsnt] Ubuntu Edgy - cvsnt installed but no sserver available

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed Dec 13 17:29:53 GMT 2006

JBarry at decaresystems.ie wrote:

> Thanks for the reply David.
>
> I checked the supported protocols and sserver is not listed, even though I
> ran the dbkp -install for the cvsnt-protocol-sserver.deb file.

You did generate you certificate/key and configure that in PServer, didn't
you?

> Is there
> another way I should be installing sserver?

Download the source and dance the configure, make, make install dance

> sspi is one of the available protocols but when I try to use it I get
> invalid user, password or domain.
>
> I installed winbind using apt-get install winbind
>
> Then uncommented the winbind entry in the PServer file. I'm kind flying by
> the seat of my pants here, so any and all advice is appreciated.

did you tweak /etc/samba/smb.conf for winbind. see man winbindd
ensure that winbindd is running.
play with wbinfo to see if winbind is working.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever