[cvsnt] Setting ACL : Doesn't work for individual branches

Sumanjit Kaur Brar SBrar at quark.com
Fri Dec 15 10:32:30 GMT 2006

Hi,

We used cvs acl command to implement branch level restriction on the repository using the following command

cvs -d /CVS/research/ chacl -R -u abc_grp -r BR_TEST -a read,write

abc_grp is the cvs group here mentioned in the CVSROOT/group file.

BR_TEST is the name of the branch.

However it shows the corresponding entry in the fileattr.xml file but when we try to checkout from the branch it exits with code 0 but doesn't checks out any file.

We are using:

ACLMode : Normal in CVSROOT/config file.

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 (client/server)

OS - SUSE 10

Regards,
Suman Brar