[cvsnt] Underscores in filesnames

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 21 22:48:55 GMT 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:03:39 -0600, "Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont"
<PCCryer at express-scripts.com> wrote:

>Cryer, Phil C. (STL) - cont wrote:
>>  Ah, found a solution online via Google:
>>
>> To get rlog to work for browsing long directory listings, I made a
>> shell wrapper for rlog:
>>
>> 	#
>> 	cvsnt rcsfile rlog $*
>| Better solution: Configure ViewCVS (or ViewVC as it is called
>nowadays) to use the
>| CVSNT wrappers - it has built-in support for this.
>
>Is there a way to make this work with cvsweb?  Yes, we're using a old,
>old version - but updating to 3.0.6 is proving impossible since newer
>versions need newer perl modules, and cpan is dying since the libraries
>for compiling are so old (again, we don't have root to this box, and
>tons of other things are running on it...I've tried to improve the
>situation, but there is too much red tape here).
>
>On the plus side, tomorrow is my last day -- so I only need to leave a
>solution that works, I'd just rather not have them make me roll back to
>CVS since CVSNT is "broken" since folks can't view all of their files
>via the WEB!  (arrgh! It's not broken!)
>
>CVSNT is awesome, I wish I had found out about it earlier, and thanks
>for the help.  I'll release my little ACL admin app for cvsnt later
>today!

Have you tried ViewCVS (or ViewCV as it is called now?).
I have a painless installer where you can install it very easily. Ity
uses the ViewCvs state back in June of 2005, but it is pretty rock
solid and works very well with the latest CVSNT 2.5-03 releases.
Look here:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/ViewCvsSetup.html

It will take you about 10 minutes to get going if you have a running
IIS or Apache server and CVSNT installed.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)