[cvsnt] wincvs --> linux cvsnt server --> via kerberos samba --> win ads

Ralf Wiegand mrsun2001 at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 22 15:46:24 GMT 2006

I'm trying to do the following setup:
wincvs --> linux cvsnt server --> via kerberos samba
--> authenticate via win ads

If I'm using the pserver method and local passwd file
(htpasswd), I have no problems.

Now I'm trying to use the gserver method on the wincvs
client side to take advantage of our MS Active
Directory server network.

I'm running on the wincvs client side:
cvs -d :gserver:10.49.204.37:/home/cvs checkout -P --
CVSTEST (in directory C:\CVSTEST\CVSTEST)
cvs [checkout aborted]: GSSAPI authentication failed:
The specified target is unknown or unreachable

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Linux cvsserver command line:
cvs -d :gserver:vmtest2:/home/cvs version
GSSAPI authentication failed: Miscellaneous failure
GSSAPI authentication failed: Server not found in
Kerberos database

message file:
Dec 22 10:33:28 vmtest2 cvs: could not acquire GSSAPI
server credentials: Miscellaneous failure
Dec 22 10:34:17 vmtest2 cvs: could not acquire GSSAPI
server credentials: Miscellaneous failure
Dec 22 10:34:17 vmtest2 cvs: GSSAPI authentication
failed: Miscellaneous failure

/etc/cvspserver
service cvspserver
{
        Port = 2401
        socket_type = stream
        protocol = tcp
        wait = no
        user = root
        passenv = PATH
        server = /usr/bin/cvs
        server_args = -f --allow-root=/home/cvs
pserver
        env = HOME=/home/cvs
}

klist output:
/var/log[vmtest2]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: mailadmin at xx.xxx

Valid starting     Expires            Service
principal
12/22/06 09:21:04  12/22/06 17:21:11
krbtgt/xx.xxx at xx.xxx
        renew until 12/22/06 10:21:04

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

Can anybody give me an example on how to set this up
correctly.

Thanks
Ralf