[cvsnt] "Copying" a branch to trunk

Luigi D. Sandon mailbox at sandon.it
Wed Dec 27 13:02:19 GMT 2006

> In future do this on the trunk - anything "official" should be branched
> and maintained on the branch.  If you needed to "revert" the trunk back

We usually do it, development on the trunk and each release gets its own
maintenance branch. Anyway, sometimes a developer is allowed to start an
"experimental" branch to test some new ideas - something it looks very
difficult to do on the trunk.

And this time I had to experiment with some improvements that required
radical changes, while other developers should have been able to work on the
trunk as usual - it wasn't know beforehand if the experiment would have been
successful or not :-)

> branch sandbox to the trunk sandbox and then commit.  This obviously will
> NOT create a mergepoint.

Ok, it worked. The mergepoint is not an issue, the experimental branch is
"dead" now, and will be used no longer.

Thank you.

LDS