[cvsnt] CVSNT error "Connection reset by peer"

Amaninder Bector ABector at quark.com
Fri Dec 29 10:31:33 GMT 2006

Hi David,
 This version are:

Server(on SUSE Linux 10): 2.5.03.2382

Clients used(versions):
Win: 2.0.2.4
Mac(CVS X): 3.3a2

Please suggest.

Best Regards,
Amaninder

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf
Of David Somers
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 1:53 PM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: Re: [cvsnt] CVSNT error "Connection reset by peer"

Amaninder Bector wrote:
> [AB]We are on (2.5.03.2382)version

On both client and server?

FWIW, you might want to try with the latest testing release... there
have been a few changes since build 2382 was made.

> [AB]I agree, however upon restaring the xinetd but that does not help.
> This is still 'The Last' option that we resort to.

stop xinetd
pkill cvs
start xinetd

BTW, have you run top to see just what processes are running and causing
your high load?

--
David Somers - typographer/programmer/whatever Random and sometimes
useful stuff blogged at http://www.omz13.com