[cvsnt] Possible bug with :sspi: in the newer builds.

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Wed Feb 1 16:00:47 GMT 2006

Jurko Gospodnetic wrote:
>   First - when I originally said that the current user's login is
> used - I was mistaken. I do not know which login is used -
> - only that it is not working, which ever it is.
>
>   Second - I tested this same scenario on another client PC,
> which should be the same as the previous one, but obviously
> is not.

Sounds like too many variables -- spin them down and you'll get to the
solution.  (OK, so that much is obvious).

Here are some things to look at:

-- Figure out exactly what username(s) is|are being used.  Check the
server security audit log when the machines connect, that will tell you
exactly which credentials are being used.

-- Check the registry for cvs login password cache, and experiment with
removing those.

-- Check the machines connecting to the CVS server using a separate file
share, not just with CVS.  The Windows authentication should (in theory)
be the same process as SSPI but CVS will be out of the loop so you can
potentially eliminate it as the problem.

-- I've seen "odd" windows behavior when there are issues with domain
membership.  It's been awhile (in Win32 version context) since it
happened, but might be worth looking into if you're still getting
inconsistent results.

Let us know if you get something specific that points to CVSNT.  If this
doesn't work, someone here might be able to come up with other ideas to try.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett