[cvsnt] Re: BUG: Changed behaviour of unedit

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Fri Feb 3 21:37:51 GMT 2006

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Scenario:
>
> 1) Create a new file
> 2) cvs add file
> 3) cvs unedit file
> 4) cvs commit
>
> With 2.0.58d, this works fine. With 2.5.02, the Entries line created
> by "cvs add" of the form
>
>    /file/0/dummy timestamp//
>
> gets turned into
>
>    /file/*/dummy timestamp//
>
> by "cvs unedit". Any subsequent attempts to commit the file (even
> after "cvs remove") fails with "Up-to-date check failed".
> Update, OTOH, fails with "file is modified but no longer in the
> repository".

If anyone cares, this behaviour also exists in 2.5.03.2179. It does not
occur when using :local:, however - I have tested this against a
SourceForge server running CVS 1.11.20.

I have also received an as yet unconfirmed report that CVSNT under some
circumstances tries to create a backup file using '*' as the version
number, as in ".#changelog.txt.*"

-Torsten