[cvsnt] Re: Problem wit binary files after upgrading server from 2.5.01.1976 to 2.5.03.2151

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 9 14:32:14 GMT 2006

Daniel Lapolla wrote:

> Could you provide (or point where we can find) the library versions
> (used by CVSNT) of your reference configuration so we can compare it
> with our system?

If you're just talking about redhat, it's built on a stock redhat 9 install.

The RPM is also tested periodically against RHEL4 to make sure nothing
has changed (RHEL has a set of compatibility libraries so it rarely
presents a problem).

The primary unix build environment is running debian stable, and each
build is tested and run on OSX 10.4, Solaris 9 (builds are done on 8 but
no extra testing normally), and HPUX 11.11i.  Internal builds are also
tested on Tru64 (this is a nontrivial install so not recommended though).

Fedora is untested although I believe some have got it to run using the
standard RPMs.  Ditto for SuSE.

On the Windows side, it's built on XP 64 and 32bit machines and tested
on Win2000, XP, Win2003.  NT4 and Win95 are believed to work but no more
testing is done with them (Win95 is being phased out starting with the
2.6 builds).