[cvsnt] Re: Stress Tests results for CVSNT/CVS/Subversion

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 9 19:07:20 GMT 2006

Rahul Bhargava wrote:

> It would help if  you could tell us which version of CVSNT  was that with ?

That was probably around the 2.5.01 era... I can't imagine it's got much
slower since although I could fairly easily setup the test again.

> 1000 concurrent clients when we have trouble with 50. When I had last
> checked
> cvsnt.org web site (approx 2-3 weeks ago) that was the build (2221) the
> cvsnt.org website was recommending.  I am a bit confused though, the
> "Purchase CVS Suite" panel on your website
> mentions 2.5.02. Is the open source version experimental and the
> commercial version the stable one ? Do
> we need to purchase the commercial version to get a stable build ?

There's a commercial stable which is behind the opensource stable -
suite has a number of extra elements to test/package so its turnaround
is slower, plus it's tested on more platforms.

The latest testing build is a release candidate for the next commercial
stable (the only known issue is a problem with authenticating on
clusters, that I need to get sorted, otherwise I'd have declared it
stable for the OSS builds already).