[cvsnt] Cvs remove does not work in builds 2221 and above...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Feb 10 11:35:27 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:25:54 +0000 (UTC), "Oliver Giesen"
> <ogware at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Bo Berglund wrote:
> >
> >> Meanwhile build 2238 has seen the day of light and now the commit
> of >> removed files again works.
> >
> > BTW: I have put up another version of my version of the Inno
> > installer:  http://ogiesen.livejournal.com/tag/cvsnt
> >
> > Do you have any thoughts about merging our efforts eventually?
> >

> Well, I don't want to get the files for installation by using the
> CVSNT MSI installer and then repackage them. I want to use the binary
> distribution exclusively.

May I ask what your motivation behind that is? From my POV using the
files from the MSI ensures that we use *exactly* the same files as the
official installer.

> But your installer uses several files that
> are not part of the binary package if I remember correctly (it was
> some time ago I checked now so things might have changed).

Yes, AFAICT the following items could not be retrieved from the
binary-only + sysfiles packages:

u3dapi.dll
cvs.chm
relnotes.rtf
sql (dir)

(the latter two are obviously in CVS though)

OTOH, even when using the MSI I still need to download the bin/sysfiles
packages in order to get my hands on the following, as these don't get
extracted from the MSI by the AdminInstall option:

cvs95.exe
uninsthlp.exe
secur32_w98.dll

> And I am building the Inno installer primarily for my own usage but I
> also put it out on the websita as a side service.

Same here. I do not have any download statistics or anything like that,
so it might well be that me and my company are the only ones using it.
Maybe the people using either of our installers could speak up?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
MSN:  ogiesen at hotmail.com