[cvsnt] multiple repositories vs. multiple modules

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Feb 10 15:50:47 GMT 2006

> From: [...] Mark Johnson
> I like the idea of having a new top-level module for each develpment
> project, and having a separate repository for each development group
> (a dev group may have many projects).  Is this a valid approach.

What happens in three months time when development is reorganised and
you have a different set of development groups, or a project gets handed
to another group, or (most likely) both?  This is easy to handle with a
single repository.

What pieces of environment do you feel require better management, and
what module conflicts are you seeing?  Naming conflicts?

		- Peter