[cvsnt] Linux CVSNT - connecting with WINCVS :ssh: - /home/cvs: no such repository

Daniel Rudolph enforcer at evoweb.com
Mon Feb 13 16:23:30 GMT 2006

Hi,

i have an ssh reposetory running in a chrooted SSH Server with the "good
old" CVS Version - CVSNT forked from around 1.11.1 from what i heard.

Server is running fine using private keys and an cvsroot like :
:ssh;username=cvsdaniel;hostname=xxxx;port=22xx:/home/cvs
and the old cvs version running on the server.

>cvs_old --version
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.12.9 (client/server)

I also got cvsnt working local:
cvs -d ":local:/home/cvs"  checkout xxxx (started in the chroot)
init also works so local version is quite happy with the old paths.

Accessing it remote over ssh i only get "/home/cvs: no such repository"
but more details later.

I wonder if the new "-D CVS_prefix_directory" is maybe a problem. I dont
have any env variables set in this chroot cvs server concerning cvs.
I also did some small tests with -D option and cvsnt always reported an
error that this is a invalid option.

>cvsnt  --version
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
(client/server)

Anybody have hints or a clue whats wrong with the paths? Why i get this
error message (cvs [server aborted]: /home/cvs: no such repository)
using wincvs (ssh) to access to cvs server?

Thx in advance
Daniel