[cvsnt] problem getting latest version working

Allen info at glacialcomponents.com
Tue Feb 14 17:54:00 GMT 2006

I just setup a new cvsnt server and am trying to access it
using the latest tortoisecvs.  I'm trying to use sserver.  I created a
repository with name /tconf and it's in the directory d:/tconf.  It
has a cvs folder inside it and looks to be properly initialized.

On the client, if I right click an empty directory and go to checkout.
I setup the server, username, module name, etc.  But it tells me that
the

In F:\test2: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout"
"-P" "/tconf"
CVSROOT=:sserver:alex at myserver:8400:D:/tconf

Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: D:/tconf: no such repository

Error, CVS operation failed

However, if I set this stuff up in DOS based on this website

http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html

(see the 'test your new server from dos') then I can list the contents
of the folder just fine.  One thing I did notice is that when I set it
up in DOS, the command stirng ends up something like
CVSROOT=:sserver:alex at myserver:8400:/tconf as opposed to the tortoise
gui which looks like CVSROOT=:sserver:alex at myserver:8400:D:/tconf.

anyone have any idea why this is failing?