[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 14 21:06:59 GMT 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:40:54 -0300, Clovis Garcia
<clovis at phoebus.com.br> wrote:

>I´ve started to test the audit last sunday and I´m having problems with
>text written in my own language (Portuguese). Look at the example below
>
>The commit text was:
>   "Implementação do recurso de Idle Timeout."
>
>but it has been saved at CommitLog table as:
>
>   "Implementa? do recurso de Idle Timeout."
>
>The same problem occurs in the Directory field at the same table. I´m
>using the CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2151 and MSSQL 2000 for the auditing
>tables. Could anyone help me with this issue?

It looks like the data stored into the MSSQL2000 database are not
correctly formatted. I have tested with Swedish characters in the log
message and can report that the same happens in build 2238 as well:

Message:
Nu skriver jag svenska ord med åkomma och ärlighet samt övrigt

But in the commitlog it is stored as:
Nu skriver jag svenska ord med ?mma och ?ighet samt ?gt

I also tested a commit in a module named
'Folder with ÅÄÖ and spaces' where the file name is:
'File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt'

The result is:
The Directory columns contains:
'ModuleYY/Folder with n?and spaces'

The Filename column contains:
'File with n?name.txt'

and the log message is corrupted from:
'Nu skriver jag svenska ord med åkomma och ärlighet samt övrigt samt
lite andra åäöÅÄÖ-ord'
'Nu skriver jag svenska ord med ?mma och ?ighet samt ?gt samt lite
andra ?n?ord'

I have to check with our database expert at work tomorrow what we did
when we adapted our MSSQL database for use with Japanese customers. We
had problems with the original design because it could not store
Japanese text properly. Then we did a few modifications to the tables
and possibly the stored procedures and now it works just fine.
Maybe I can get some hints on what can be done for CVSNT.

Tony,
which sourcefile is used to fill the commitlog database entries?
Are you using ADO to access the MSSQL database or some other means?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)