[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Feb 15 08:48:48 GMT 2006

Are you really sure that ODBC is used for MSSQL/MSDE?
When I set this plugin up I do not create an ODBC entry, I just
enter the login data directly in the boxes...

Looks to me that you might be using ADO for the MSSQL database
engine, or are you creating the ODBC entry automatically in the
background?

Concerning unicode storage in MSSQL database tables:

1. The tables *must* be defined as holding nvarchar or ntext data.
   If I look in my copy of create_tables_mssql.sql I see that all
   text columns are just plain text, not ntext as they should be.
   That's the Message and Diff columns.

2. When sending a query to insert or update the columns with text
   data the actual string must be preceded by N as in:
   UPDATE CommitLog SET Message = N'text data goes here' WHERE bla bla
   And of course any single quote ' inside the message itself has
   to be doubled to not cause an SQL problem

Best regards,

Bo Berglund