[cvsnt] Re: WIX installer engine for CVSNT?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Feb 15 11:25:58 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Looks like there is no installer for wix itself at all.

Yup. It's just a set of commandline tools.

> Should I get the sources and somehow compile myself?

No, why should you with the binaries available?

> Or am I supposed to grab the binaries and unpack them in any
> convenient place???

Exactly.

Alternatively you could take a look at WiXEdit which also bundles the
wix binaries:

http://wixedit.sf.net

I did not find it a big help to understanding what the cvsnt installer
does though, because it obviously does not handle/visualize the
inter-linking of source files which the cvsnt installer makes extensive
use of. That way you never get the "big picture"...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
MSN:  ogiesen at hotmail.com