[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 16 19:53:44 GMT 2006

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:18:54 -0300, Clovis Garcia
<clovis at phoebus.com.br> wrote:

Now I did a test on my W2003 Enterprise Server, which is running build
2182:

1) I changed the server to be unicode in the control panel

2) Then I checked out a module that contains a file with a strange
name: "File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt"
I did this using my client 2244 build

3) The files seem to come over fine, so I edited the file with the
strange name and tried to commit with a commit message using Swedish
characters too. The result is copied from WinCvs:

cvs commit -m "Nu skriver jag svenska ord med åkomma och ärlighet samt
övrigt samt lite andra å..." -- "File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt" (in directory
F:\Engineering\Projects\w2003srv\tst\Imports\First\)
Checking in File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt;
/Test/Imports/First/File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt,v  <--  File with
ÅÄÖ_name.txt
cvs server: File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: error diffing File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

So what's the take on this?
Should I first update to build 2244 and then try again?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)