[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 16 20:04:24 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> 3) The files seem to come over fine, so I edited the file with the
> strange name and tried to commit with a commit message using Swedish
> characters too. The result is copied from WinCvs:

What client are you using for this?  Does wincvs still use the 2 year
old one?

Multilingual stuff wasn't really validated as working until build 2151,
and wasn't even written until 2.0.60 or thereabouts (might have to
specify -o on some of the really old builds).

On older clients non-ascii filenames will only work if you force your
server to exactly the same codepage as the client... I haven't worked
out yet how those will work with 2.6.x (it's really the same problem as
the existing problem with Windows client -> Unix server that all clients
have.. might need a proxy app or something to sort out the mess).