[cvsnt] Re: Auditing with MySql database

Andy Southby asouthby at removethis.drumgrange.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 08:19:35 GMT 2006

Edward,

I have used MySQL 4.1 and now 5.0 with that release of CVSNT and the latest.
(Native and ODBC)

I did have problems initialy but it was a while ago so I may be confusing
the issues with my ViewCVS experience. I have experienced two problems that
I can remember with these two instalations hopefully one will apply.

1. Default instalation of MySQL sets the default engine to InnoDB
(transactional) CVSNT I seem to rememder requires MyISAM (non
transactional).

2. The newer versions of MySQL uses a new password hashing algorithum which
I seem to remember old clients can't use so the the MySQL server as a whole
or the specific database needs to be told to use the old algorithm. Check
the MySQL FAQ for some thing like OLD_PASSWORD function.

Have you tried executing the SQL line by line with the CLI? What is actual
error?

Andy.

"Edward Patterson" <edward.patterson at benefitfocus.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1015.1140126596.17086.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
I am running CVSNT version 2.5.03.2151 and MySQL version 4.1.7. When
trying to setup the auditing to the database it connects fine but errors
on creating the tables in the database due to an error in the SQL
syntax. According to the auditing tutorial, CVSNT has native support for
MySQL but it does not say for what versions? Has anyone see this
problem?

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended
only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review,
use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in
any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended
recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or
telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to
bfpostmaster at benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the
original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)