[cvsnt] Re: CVSMailer Question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 19 23:01:45 GMT 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:55:09 -0600, "Mike Schmidt"
<mike.sierra.bravo at gmail.com> wrote:

>I am having a problem getting CVSMailer to work and would like to know
>if anyone has any suggestion on what to try next.
>
>Here are the details:
>
>Server: Windows 2003
Works fine on this version..

>CVSNT Version: recently upgraded from 2.0.58 to 2.5.03 build 2151
Upgrade may break some functionality

>CVSMailer Version: 1.5.2.41
That is the version I have on my website, there is a more recent one
but I have not had time to do the dependent stuff (notably rewriting
parts of the website and modifying the config app) so it is not
published yet.

>There is one respository on this server:
>Location: c:\cvs\cvsrepo
>Name: /cvs/cvsrepo
>
>>From looking at the log file, it appears that CVSMailer is unable to
>determine the path to the cvs repository (CVSRepositoryPath).
>
>Because it is unable to find the repository it then is unable to find
>the users file, etc....

This is the reason, yes.

>My question is, does anyone know how the CVSRepositoryPath is set?  Is
>this a problem in how CVSNT is configured or is it a problem with
>CVSMailer?

It is looking in the registry as well as on the command line, but it
probably fails on you because of some new CVSNT feature you have used
and I had not foreseen. Or because of the new syntax...

>Any suggestions on what to try next would be very appreciated.

One thing you could do is:
zip and mail me (don't post here) the following files:

- CVSMailer.ini
- log/ML<date>.log
- log/MS<date>.log
- CVSROOT/users
- CVSROOT/loginfousers
- CVSROOT/loginfo
- CVSROOT/taginfo
- CVSROOT/notify
- A server registry export of the following key:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CVS\Pserver

With these I could probably pinpoint your problems.

However it will have to wait until the middle of this week since I am
going away for 3 days.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)