[cvsnt] Re: Documentation for the CVSROOT/shadow script?

support support at banyantechnology.com
Mon Feb 20 22:16:01 GMT 2006

I've just started working with this, trying to get cvsnt to perform an
automatic checkout to a directory.

I did a checkout of CVSROOT, edited my shadow file, saved it and
commited it.  Then I proceeded to checkout the module that I was
attempting to get to automatically checkout on commit.  I edited a file
just to get it to change, saved it and commited the module, and nothing
happened in the folder I specified to automatically checkout to.

The setup is like this:

Edits on my local machine --> commit to win2k server hosting cvs server
--> that cvs server should checkout to a local directory that is under
the wwwroot folder on commit.

I did enable the automatic checkout extension, and tried restarting the
cvs server and such, but no luck so far.  My shadow file looks like
this:

# The "shadow" file is used to control automatic checkouts.
#
# Each line has 3 parts:
#
# In common with other commit support files, use forward slashes
# and escape any spaces in filenames.
^banyantechnology.com-Dev HEAD d:/wwwroot/DEVtest

This DEVtest folder exists, but I have tried it both with and without
the folder existing to no avail.

Where can I find this verbose output if I enable it?  I'm currently
using TortoiseCVS to perform my cvs tasks, do I have to use a cmd shell
to view the output?  Or does it go to a log file somewhere?

Thanks

Jeff Byrom
Banyan Technology