[cvsnt] Re: overwrite HEAD with a branch tip...

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Wed Feb 22 16:29:37 GMT 2006

Oliver,
  Thanks that worked great.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf Of
Oliver Giesen
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:52 AM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: [cvsnt] Re: overwrite HEAD with a branch tip...

John Cole wrote:

>   I need to take a branch tip and overwrite the main trunk.  I don't
> want or care about any conflicts.  What is the best way to do this?

If you're using WinCvs and have Python installed you could use the
"Copy to branch/trunk" macro (to be found on the Macros|CVS submenu).
If you enter "HEAD" as the target then this will put all selected files
and folders at the tip of your trunk. All that's left to do then is to
commit with a meaningful comment.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver