[cvsnt] Unexpected sticky options when checking out from cvs.cvsnt.org with 2.0.58d client

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 13:54:29 GMT 2006

Hello Tony,
Hello list,

I just stumbled over something I don't understand and I hope someone
can help me. I did a fresh checkout from cvs.cvsnt.org with the
following versions:

   Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
   Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build
   2244 (client/server)

the command used was:

   cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs checkout -P -r
   CVSNT_2_0_58d -d cvsnt-2_0_58d -- cvsnt

Now the strange observation: When looking at the checked-out files in
WinCVS, some of the directorys (e.g. cvsagent) have a Tag of
"CVSNT_2_0_58d:1.1" attached to them. I can find the same string in
the CVS/Tag file, too.

When checking out without the -r option even more directorys carry a
Tag in the form of ":1.1" or ":1.2".

Is this a new feature I do not know about affecting the CVS/Tag files?
Unfortunately I did not find any documentation about the CVS/*
files... I thought I have read something about them in the past but
can't remember where :-S

Any pointer to information is appreciated!

Bye,
O. Koltermann