[cvsnt] I am a new user of CVSNT but....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 24 14:10:34 GMT 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:04:08 +0100, "Luigi De Palma"
<dpluigi at email.it> wrote:

>Hi Flavio
>     Thanks a lot for your reply and time...
>

>>BTW, Tony, Arthur, although XP Home and XP Pro issues have been
>>discussed ad nauseum here, I've just noticed they aren't mentioned
>>anywhere in the FAQ (in March-Hare site) or in the wiki Installation
>>Tips.
>
>Ok !
>
>>Also, the link to "Original Installation Tips" in the main page of the
>>wiki is broken.
>
>Please give me the link...
The installation tips have been updated, see here:
http://web.telia.com/~u86216177/InstallCVSNT25.html

I wrote the original tips and I have taken them offline (replaced by
the one above) on my site but *someone else* copied the main contents
of those tips into the CVSNT wiki ages ago and I have no clue as to
how I can remove them, so I have given up on that.
Tony says I have write permissions but no matter what I try it does
not work and I am not at all familiar with the wiki authoring
interface either.

But it would be nice if they were *not* there because they describe a
very old situation from a couple of years back. I wrote them mainly to
help people that got stuck installing CVSNT on the Windows NT4
platform. For obvious reasons that is no longer a platform to be
considered and the tips are rather stale by now.

But as I say I did not add them to the wiki and I don't know how to
get them off the wiki either...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)