[cvsnt] "Removing" tree from repository

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:28:49 GMT 2006

If I want to remove a directory, including all files and
subdirectories, can I just remove the top directory, or should I
remove all files (I'm talking about a cvs remove, not a true delete
from the repository)?  I think, but don't konw for sure, that
directories are not versioned, which would imply that all files must
be removed.  Maybe the action depends on the tool used: command line,
tortoise, wincvs - all three of which I use.

In WinCvs, there is no option to remove a dir, I assume I would use
the flat view, and remove all files.

In Tortioise I can remove a dir, but I don't know what it
does...possibly remove all files with a script.

What is the correct way to do the same with the command line, or is
the only option to individually remove each file?

Thanks,

Mark