[cvsnt] Re: Viewcvs

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 5 06:29:21 GMT 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:25:08 -0600, "Dan Pupek" <dpupek at astpcola.com>
wrote:

>After installing the latest version of CVSNT I now recieve the following
>error in Viewcvs when I try to view a module:
>
>An Exception Has Occurred
>Python Traceback

A question like this cannot be answered here because it does not deal
with CVSNT. Better on the ViewCvs (or rather ViewVC) list.

However, then you also need to specify stuff better:
- Which version of ViewCvs are you using?
- When/how was it installed?
- Has it been working before?
- What version (latest is not enough) of CVSNT did you install?
- If you had a working installation before, which CVSNT version?

For your information I have several CVSNT servers with the "latest"
version (build 2182) and ViewCvs with no such problems. They have both
been installed using my InnoSetup installers for CVSNT and ViewCvs
respectively.

CVSNT: http://polaris/cvsnt/CVSNT2_5/InstallCVSNT25.html
ViewCvs: http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/ViewCvsSetup.html
CVSMailer: http://web.telia.com/~u86216121/cvsmailer/CVSMailer.html

There is also a thread from yesterday here dealing with a problem with
CVSGraph that I suggested a cure for.

One last suggestion:
Go to the viewcvs/lib directory and edit the debug.py file.
Change the line
SHOW_CHILD_PROCESSES = 0
SHOW_CHILD_PROCESSES = 1
and then retry your ViewCvs operation.
Now there will be more diagnostic information shown and you can copy
the whole html source and post it to the ViewCvs mail list for them to
help you if nothing obvious pops up.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)