[cvsnt] Installation on Linux and Unix

Jorge Krug mercutiu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:09:39 GMT 2006

I have been following these instructions:

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux

But I don't get to connect the server. I received this message:

I have the cvsnt server in my machine and me didn't change the local
cvsroot.

I am trying to migrate the local repository  to the remote server.

----------

In C:\Temp\temp: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "--lf" "checkout"
"-P" "-f" "dumpa"
CVSROOT=:pserver:root at 000.000.000.000:/usr/local/CVSREPO/clientes

cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: cvsnt server: connect to
127.0.0.1(localhost):2402 failed: Connection refused

Error, CVS operation failed

----------

These are my configuration files:

/etc/xinetd.d/cvs
service cvspserver
{
    disable        = no
    socket_type    = stream
    wait           = no
    user           = root
    group          = root
    log_type       = FILE /var/log/cvspserver
    env            = 'HOME=/usr/local/CVSREPO'
    server         = /usr/local/bin/cvsnt
    server_args    = authserver
}

Frankly, I didn't understand that permissions session. I am inexperienced in
linux:

--------------

Permissions

To be completed

    *

      PAM might need to be configured to allow users to access CVS on your
system. If your /etc/pam.d/other configuration is set to deny access, create
a file (/etc/pam.d/cvsnt) in that directory that will grant appropriate
users authority.
    *

      UNIX permissions are needed to allow the users to gain access to the
CVS repository.

To be added: Detail out CVS group / user and impersonation information

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Jorge Krug