[cvsnt] Re: Removing delete access for a repository

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jan 5 15:59:43 GMT 2006

Mark Johnson wrote:
> How would that be implemented with chacl.  I am currently trying to
> understand acl's, and thought that the options were "read, write,
> create, tag, control".  Which of these relates to remove, other than
> write, which may imply a remove as explained previously in the thread?

Remove is write - there's no remove operation since it's all handled
client-side until you commit.. you can't really stop a determined client
removing anyway.

Even if you blocked 'cvs remove' you could edit CVS/Entries to do the
remove manually (put '-' in front of the filaneme) - that's all the
client does anyway.

It's the same argument as for add.  You don't want to block such
operations, but verify the commit in loginfo/commitinfo.