[cvsnt] HELP! Can't do commits whenever the server (fedora) is rebooted

Zadikem, Travis tzadikem at picosecond.com
Fri Jan 6 17:23:10 GMT 2006

Can someone please enlighten me as to what the problem is?   Each my server is rebooted and someone issues something like:
cvs -d :ssh;username=jsmith;hostname=c.pico.com:/cvs/Tornado2.2 commit -m "no message" -- targetprojPyramid
they get an error of:
cvs server: connect to 127.0.0.1(127.0.0.1):2402 failed: Unknown err
from the client side.

Then I have to run the following from the server side to fix the problem:
cvs -d /cvs/Tornado2.2 co target/config/pyramid

Once something has been checked out locally the clients start working again. This was the same problem with Fedora core 2 (we are now on FC4).  We have tried to update cvsnt, but that has not fixed the problem.  We are currently running cvsnt 2.5.01

thanks,