[cvsnt] Re: BUG: Changed behaviour of unedit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 6 22:20:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:06:42 +0100, Torsten Martinsen
<torsten at tiscali.dk> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>

>>>Scenario:
>>>
>>>1) Create a new file
>>>2) cvs add file
>>>3) cvs unedit file
>>>

>>Why do you do this? It is clearly not even in CVS yet so doing an
>>unedit before committing it would be a procedural error, right?
>>You should skip this step and you will be fine.
>>

>Don't peck on me.
Didn't mean to...

>I did not do this, a TortoiseCVS user did. Yes, it was an error, yes, he
>should not have done it.

So it's something Tortoise does then.
Well, I have never used Tortoise so I cannot say anything about it.

>Never the less, he did it, and he got himself painted into a corner that
>he couldn't get out of.

I don't use the edit-commit or edit-unedit cycle myself, but from what
I have read the unedit is supposed to revert any edits that have been
done to a file by returning the cached file copy in the CVS folder.
But for a newly added file thta was not edited in the first place that
is kind of hard, I guess...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)