[cvsnt] Re: Repository auditing with Oracle

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jan 9 12:02:14 GMT 2006

Paulo Soares wrote:
> I'm trying to get the repository auditing working with odbc and oracle
> but with no success.
> I always get a "ORA-00922: missing or invalid option" when creating the
> tables. The result is the same using the microsoft or oracle provided
> odbc driver.

The generic ODBC driver is really only a starting point - SQL isn't
enough of a standard to allow a single driver to access many
databases... as it is it's basically the MS-SQL driver with a couple of
the more specific options removed.

There's no script for creating tables on Oracle so you'll have to find
out what the syntax is on that system... I've had a look at Oracle and
it's a very different DB to anything else I've encountered - haven't
gone very far with it so I can't help much.

AFAIK Oracle doesn't support identity fields either so you'll have to
work around that - either write a trigger to do it then find a way to
extract it in a reliable way in the application, or do the whole thing
in code.

If you're not able to do the conversion yourself I'm sure march-hare
would be prepared to take on the task under contract.