[cvsnt] Using VBScript from the loginfo file

Onur Civi ocivi at afsimage.com
Tue Jan 10 16:53:49 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to force all CVS users enter a log message during commits.
We are using CVSNT on Windows platform, so what I thought I could do was
to write a simple vbscript that examines the message entry and if it is
"no message", quits with a non-zero exit code. The following line is
what I have in my loginfo file.

ALL cscript.exe C:\\CvsMailer\\AdminScripts\\VerifyLog.vbs

And the following is the script text. Needless to say, it doesn't do
what I want it to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

'Define the variables & constants

Const ForAppending = 8

'Define the file system object that we will use for logging the log text
passed to the script

Set objTextFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile _

    ("C:\WUTemp\Log.txt", ForAppending, True)

'Parse the argument and assign the log text argument to a string

Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments

For I = 0 to objArgs.Count - 1

   objTextFile.WriteLine(objArgs(I) & vbTab)

   strLogTxt = objArgs(I)

Next

objTextFile.Close

'If the text is empty, exit with non-zero exit code, if it is not, exit
with zero exit code

If StrLogTxt = "no message" Then

            Wscript.Quit (1)

Else