[cvsnt] pserver authorization problems

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 10 19:21:38 GMT 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:46:15 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> I see what you mean in the way the CVSNT control panel works.
>> I second the suggestion to add a <no domain> entry at the top of the
>> list so that this can be set easier.
>>
>On a domain machine you really want it set to the right domain.. the
>logon tends to rely on it.
>
>On a standalone it should be set to the machine name, which is basically
>the same as blank.

My dropdown shows AGIUSA (= domain) and POLARIS (= PC name), but only
if I drop it. It is initially showing a blank entry.

If it is set to POLARIS doesn't cvsnt tack on the string from this
combobox when it gets a connection from for example
:pserver:charlie at server:/repo so that the user becomes POLARIS\charlie
in the logs etc?
If so then some user lists in CVSROOT/users and other places need to
be modified too.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)