[cvsnt] Re: cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server 10.180.60.30: -1: Unknown error

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Fri Jan 13 15:41:59 GMT 2006

virginia.traversaro at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi! I am having a problem when I want to do a checkout in some
> computers. It says the error  "cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: Error reading
> from server xx.yyy.xx.yy: -1: Unknown error " but if I try with the same
> user in an other computer it works, but the soft of the computers is the
> same... where could be the problem?

It's unlikely that the software is *exactly* the same as the functioning
computer.  You might have a broken IP stack.  The program CVSDiag is
included with CVSNT and is meant to help determine that.  Try running it
and see if there are any issues noted in it's output.

Typically it's an AV problem, so uninstall any AV and see if it still
happens (I believe sometimes the hooks get messed up).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett